1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sound Quality for Pandora

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brishanbo, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Brishanbo

Brishanbo Lurker
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Its been 3 months since I posted about the sound quality on this phone when streaming Pandora. I've almost actually gotten used to the sound quality when I am at the gym until I get home and stream it on my laptop. Has anyone got the OTA update that is supposed to fix this issue?

Advertisement

2. eschnit81

eschnit81 Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Um... I haven't seen anything about an OTA for this issue. Do you have a link you can share regarding this? I have been checking weekly and seen nothing as of yet. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place...

3. Brishanbo

Brishanbo Lurker
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    I found this on the Pandora FAQ back in November, but when I checked yesterday, there was nothing on there regarding the sound quality...

Why am I experiencing audio issues on Froyo? If you have upgraded to Froyo (Android 2.2), you may notice audio-quality issues while listening to Pandora. The Android team is aware of this issue with AAC+ audio and has released a fix, which is gradually being rolled out on the various Android handsets.
    Currently the Sprint HTC EVO and the Google Nexus One have OTA Android OS updates that incorporate this AAC+ audio fix.
    If you have a different handset than the two mentioned, please contact the support team for your handset if you have any further questions about this issue.

4. eschnit81

eschnit81 Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well I'm on this forum and xda, and I haven't yet seen anything regarding a fix. Of course I might not be looking hard enough. My solution was pretty simple: Flash to 2.3. I'm currently running Ultimate Droid UD 3.1.2. Works pretty well. And pandora is flawless ;)

Tags: