• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sound quality

Rokyn

May 7, 2011
Okay,didn't see a question for this so I'll ask. What's the sound quality of the Indulge like? Is it reasonably loud with headphones? Most phones I've used from Metro aren't very loud in a call and the Ascend with headphones still sounds like a whisper unless you're in a perfectly quiet room.

I don't have a problem listening to podcasts through a bluetooth head set while mowing the lawn or doing other yardwork (to be fair the headset I use is somewhat sound isolating). I also don't have a problem taking a call in public or listening to a podcast over a bluetooth earpiece when shopping.

Upvote 0
I will throw this out there, you asked about headphones but here is my .02 about the speaker, because I don't think it has been brought up elsewhere either....

I watch Netflix sometimes and it is not loud enough. And this is when I am laying in bed at night in a reasonably quiet room (except for wall unit A/C). I have to sort of cup my hand around the back of the phone as I am holding it, so the sound hits my hand and bounces back toward me. Why they put the speaker on the back of the phone I have no freaking idea! :thinking::mad:

Upvote 0
Sorry to bump what may be an old thread, but I thought it would be better than starting a new one. I'm having an issue with my regular ear speaker sounding fairly 'tinny' for lack of a better term, metallic I guess, and it's hard to understand callers well. It sounds fine/normal with a bluetooth headset though. Is there something wrong with my speaker?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones