1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sound Settings - Volume Levels??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jeff1penny, Aug 13, 2012.

1. jeff1penny

jeff1penny Newbie

Hey Guys,
    I'm sure there are threads about this already, but I had trouble finding any.

My question is regarding the sound/volume settings on my phone. I'm a former Blackberry user and I used to have "modes" that I could select for my phone, ie Phone Only, Low, High, etc..... On my GSIII, whenever I adjust the volume rocker, it does not save my settings for messages and what not, it just adjusts the phone call volume.....Maybe I'm just missing something, but this is incredibly frustrating...

Please Help! Is there an app that can manage you volume settings or a way to do it on the phone?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

I highly recommend Volume Widget. It has three different sound configurations you can set. Each configuration allows you to select a different volume for ringer, voice, media, notification, alarm. The widget is 2x1. With a single touch of the widget you can change to any of the three sound configurations. I have one configuration for sleeping, one for indoors and one for outdoors.

3. jeff1penny

jeff1penny Newbie

Thanks for the tip, is this something I have to download or is it on the phone already? i couldn't find it pre-loaded?

Thanks again

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

It is a widget that you need to download. Just search for Volume Widget in the Play Store.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews