1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sound / speaker problem??? Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Broke215, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Broke215

Broke215 Lurker

A few days ago the speaker on my optimus elite stopped working for no reason. No sound would come out of the speaker on a call, trying to play music, or notifications. Then all of a sudden 20 minutes later it started working again. Since then it has happened once or twice a day but only for a couple minutes at a time. Has anyone else had this problem? I

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Artine

Artine Android Expert

This did happen to me briefly on my other OE, and never had the trouble again since. It was a while ago (about a month, or three weeks or so), but I believe what I did was go to Running Services/Apps via the stock menu, and end the music playing service, only to restart that app and had music playing again.

Otherwise, doesn't sound like a software issue so much as a hardware issue whereby the connection, between the speaker and the communication pieces that allow sound to be translated and output through the speaker, is weak.

That's all I've got for ya.

3. Broke215

Broke215 Lurker

Well I took my phone to a couple repair shops to get it checked out. No one could find out what was wrong with it and all suggested I ordered a punch of new parts it could possibly be for them to install them. Would have been cheaper to buy a new phone. The last place I took it to was UBREAKIFIX.COM they diagnosed my phone for free and fixed it all within an hour. They told me there’s a metal strip that runs the width of the phone at the speaker and it was a little lose but everything was connected fine. All they had to do was glue a tiny strip of thin rubber to hold it in place and keep it from moving. It was such a simple fix they wouldn't even accept my money, tried to tip the guy 20 bucks since he saved me a lot of money and headaches and he wouldn't even accept that. Just said to tell my friends and people about their store since its new. Def some good and honest people working there. They have stores in a bunch of different states so if you got a problem with a smartphone, iphone, ipod er electronics check them out at their website UBREAKIFIX.COM

Murf1 likes this.

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews