• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Soundabout and tasker

andyknights

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I was hoping that someone could help me. I use soundabout to ensure that my Bluetooth headphones play all sounds through the headphones, not some notifications through the phone speakers. It's not an ideal workaround, but it does the trick.

However the Bluetooth in my car doesn't like the soundabout settings, so the 'simplest' way to resolve is to turn off (using the toggle in soundabout) the app when it's connected to my cars BT, which I thought would be easy. Turning on again when it's not connected to the BT in my car.

But I have no idea how to automatically do this through tasker, any help?

You can sense when you're in the car with state bt. That will be the condition to activate and deactivate your profile.

You'll have enter and exit tasks for the profile. That's the tougher part in this case. If you want to use tasker to toggle a setting within the soundabout app, you have only two choices that I know of:

1 - Request dev of soundabout to provide a tasker plugin .... he can use the approach here. You can mention to himn that it will give his app visibility to a wide audience of Tasker users.

2 - you can launch the app (tasker launch app command) and simulate keypresses within the app ... see here (needs root for simulating keypresses)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones