• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Soundtracks not playing properly w/Bluetooth

NogginMan

Sep 7, 2020
It's mainly MPEG-4 files that this happens to (the format of songs downloaded from Itunes). I can play the songs on my phone if it's not connected to any bluetooth device but when I do it turns choppy like as if it was playing from a dirty CD-Rom (if u remember those things lol). I turn the bluetooth off & it's back to normal. Also, it's important to note that this happens with all my bluetooth devices ( & I know they're not all broken)

The weird thing is that this happened all of a sudden. I never had problems like this when i first got my Galaxy S10. And the MPEG-4 files I downloaded before the problem started still play fine (i think) which is weird. What's up with that?

what bluetooth device are you playing the music on? is only on this device or other bluetooth devices as well? what app are you using to play them? are the music on a sd card?
It happens with all the BT devices i use meaning my car, my bose micro soundlink speaker, my Sony headphones, & my bigger Sony speaker.
I'm using the default Samsung Music & yea, an SD card.

Upvote 0
It happens with all the BT devices i use meaning my car, my bose micro soundlink speaker, my Sony headphones, & my bigger Sony speaker.
I'm using the default Samsung Music & yea, an SD card.

"default Samsung Music"??

My Galaxy Note20 Ultra didn't come with any music apps, except for some online streaming thing, which I deleted.

I use Foobar2000 for playing music, many of which are on the SD, and never had any problems with BT speakers and headphones(including Sony) on any devices.
https://www.foobar2000.org/download

Suggest you try Foobar2000.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think what you get for music playing, may well depend on your region and variant of the Galaxy phone you've got. I've got an S7(from UK) here which has Google Play Music as its default music app, the Note20(from China) only came with some streaming thing, Also I very briefly had a Galaxy Note7, that came with Milk Music as its default music player.

So I definitely suggest trying another music player, e.g. Foobar2000, rather than trying to use the whatever it is that comes with your Samsung phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones