• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Source for a sleeve case?

kingsqueak

Feb 21, 2010
Anyone know a source for a simple leather or other sleeve case for the Moment?

Something like the basic Blackberry 8330 sleeve preferrably with a notch to easily grab it.

I always carry my phone in my pocket and something to keep lint out of the phone and prevent scratches is all I need.

I read one thing on that: snap on. I'm already disliking it. The first one I tried broke my phone, so no thanks. I'll look for a leather case, might get one. Ruined a screen protector in my pocket today (the one on my phone). It rubbed against my keys which were forced on it by a pack of gum that was also in my pocket (I forgot to put the phone in my right pocket =X) Now it looks like it's covered in what appears to grease on half the screen, but when you feel it, it's like it was rubber on by really fine sand paper. And it's fuzzy to see through. :-(

Upvote 0
I had the same idea as you, so i bought this case

- $5.99 Samsung SPH-M900 Moment Universal Vertical Soft Pouch Case - Black Universal Vertical Soft Pouch Case - Black Universal Vertical Soft Pouch Case - Black [UNILEA148] : BargainCell.com - Bargain Cellular Phone Accessories

unfortunatly its way too small but i did purchase this one

- $4.99 Samsung Sprint Moment M900 Silicon Skin Rubber Soft Case - Black Samsung Sprint Moment M900 Silicon Skin Rubber Soft Case - Black Samsung Sprint Moment M900 Silicon Skin Rubber Soft Case - Black [SAMLEA400] : BargainCell.com - Bargain Cellula

and although it adds a bit of bulk and seems cheaply made,it does protect the phone and it doesnt snap on to the phone at all but instead has a clear plastic bezel that acts as a slider on the top and bottom of the phone, if u look closely at the pic youll see what i mean.

Upvote 0
Just got it in and fits great. Just is slightly shorter than the moment so a very small part of the top sticks out but fits nice otherwise. Give easy access to both the headphone and usb ports as well. Comes with removeable belt clip which is why i got it in the first place since I just wanted to keep it in my pocket, so highly recommend especially for the price. Also comes in all black as well if you prefer that

Upvote 0
Yeah awesome, thanks again.

Just wanted to protect from keys and other things in my pocket or while it's lying on a table etc. Perfect. My Blackberry still looks like new after two years of daily use, just because I made a habit of keeping it in its sleeve. Never bothered with screen protectors and all that.

Upvote 0
Update on the little sleeve thing listed: it got in today, and it's a good fit. So far, it is a good bit thicker, but it's well worthwhile.

On a side note, it's a tight fit in the sleeve, and it makes the phone stick out while in my pocket. Other than that, I'd reccomend it.

I would still like to find something like the thin little leather sleeve the Palm Pre comes with. That seems the best and thinnest way to get what I want: simple screen protection while its in my pocket. This will do for now, and for $10 it's worth it.

The packaging is kind of misleading as well... it's a picture of the iFail on it, yet with my sister's in it, it's very loose and slides out. I kind of lol'd a bit at this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones