1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Space Bunnies

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ShockPanda, May 3, 2011.

1. ShockPanda

ShockPanda Lurker
    None

They're bunnies.
    They're green.
    They're in space.

Space Bunnies has recently been ported to Android from iOS, and we just updated it to support the accelerometer on Xoom, Transformer and other Honeycomb tablets.

[​IMG]

Space Bunnies is a challenging, tilty space adventure with huge levels and explosive weapons. Check it out and let us know what you think. It's free on the Android Market!
    http://market.android.com/details?id=com.ShockPanda.SpaceBunnies

[​IMG]

Original iOS trailer:
    YouTube - Space Bunnies Trailer for iPhone, iPad, iPod and now Android!

Grab Space Bunnies on the Android Market and leave a review if you enjoy it!

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. Vanquished

Vanquished Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Student
    USA
    Looks kind of like Rocket Bunnies but with a little more freedom and slightly different game play.

3. ShockPanda

ShockPanda Lurker
    None

Haha, we knew we would get that comparison! We were half way through development with the design and characters and name already firmly in place when we saw Rocket Bunnies hit the store. After struggling with it, we realized the gameplay and design were different enough so we just kept the course.

Honestly, the world can never have too many bunny games :)

4. Vanquished

Vanquished Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Student
    USA
    Like that Killer Rabbits board game, or whatever its called (just to name another rabbit game)? ;)

5. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Utah
    That's Killer Bunnies. :)

6. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    First impressions are pretty good - seems like a decent port, with only a few jitters on my Desire, and I can see the complexity ramping up quite nicely. Some control niggles (does the tilt have to be so sensitive?) but it's still interesting. On the other hand, for the love of God, I hope there's some way you can patch in S2D... 38 megs is just insane.

7. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Android Enthusiast
    None

Installing on my Xoom as I type. Looks good! :)

8. ShockPanda

ShockPanda Lurker
    None

We just updated on the Android Market to fix some issues and reduce the amount of application space it takes from 38 MB down to under 10 MB. Hope this helps. I know it did on my phone!

9. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Beaten the first stage, into the second and... yeah, I suspect this just isn't for me. :( It's a hard one to criticise because I can see why a lot of people would like it - there's a fair few levels, lots of things to do, it's reasonably polished - but I just can't take any more of these controls. Everything seems designed to stop me dead, throw me into an obstacle or send me back where I came from - I don't know about 'realistic', but the physics just don't seem to make sense, and precision maneouvres seem impossible.

It's a whole bunch of different things - if I'm steering something very sensitive with just tilt, I want both hands on my handset otherwise I simply don't feel as if I've got enough control. That means in order to try and change direction (the touch-and-drag), fire a weapon, cloak etc. I have to lift a hand off the phone then touch the ability and given things like the mines can kill you in a second if you get caught between them and the wall, it just doesn't feel like it's my fault I died. Stopping dead seems impossible, too, meaning I spend ten, even twenty seconds collecting a pickup, swerving around it until I get lucky and run into it. Considering how fast your fuel runs out that can kill you and again, doesn't feel like it's me.

And when you've got giant maps and warp gates on top of that (and limited looks at the map? Plus no indication where you've already been? Seriously?) it just feels like someone's laughing at me. Compare this to something like Triolith's Wisp - completely different game, but it's still based around tilt, only that lets me start, stop, describe exactly the course I want, turn on a dime... and never throws an obstacle at me solely to knock me for a loop. It's purely down to my skill and concentration whether I can finish the level in that game, not blind luck.

You're obviously a talented bunch of developers, guys, but this just feels like something of a mishmash of your awesome ideas to me, without enough thought for how they'd really work together. I'm sure a lot of people will be very happy with it (and happy to tell me how much I suck, lern2play, get a better phone etc., etc.); more power to them. But no, not for me.

10. monsterduc1000

monsterduc1000 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    Unfortunately very laggy and choppy on my overclocked milestone. Too bad as the game seems pretty fun. As with everything else that makes this phone slow, it is probably the lack of ram.