1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Space removed after typing the letter I

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by apho, Jul 4, 2013.

1. apho

apho Lurker

How do I get my Rise to stop deleting a space after I type the letter I? If I type "I have", the phone will change it to "Ihave".

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

Have you checked your personal dictionary to see if you've accidentally added that?

Not entirely sure how you do that as it will depend on the keyboard you're using. If all else fails, you can maybe reset it by clearing the cache and files on the keyboard app (wild guess, but some clever person on here will probably be able to give you an informed answer).

3. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Android Enthusiast

What keyboard are you using?

Either way after you type the two words listed of hitting enter, press the proper auto correct/suggestion at the top. After a few of them it should remember it.

4. apho

apho Lurker

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned that it happens with any combination, not just "I have". My settings say I have the Google keyboard. I always use the pull out keyboard.

Maybe I will look at different keyboard options or train myself to hit the space twice after typing "I".

Kyocera Rise Forum

The Kyocera Rise release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews