• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Spam from my phone?

I just got Sprint last week. We started with the HTC Hero. All my contacts started receiving spam. I SWEAR it HAD to be the phone because nothing like that has EVER happened from my home PC and I have had many viruses at different times.

Went back to the store, upgraded to the HTC Evo, now after a few days, again, my contacts are getting spammed. Sprint customer service says it's my home PC which I am scanning right now. I changed my password to a more difficult one and all I can do is wait and see.

I did click the "details" link at the bottom of Gmail and it sure does show me checking Gmail 9/10 times from TX and once from India!

Upvote 0
ok so I had the same thing happen to me. It freaked me out a bit when I saw it.
I had to reactivate my account and reset my password. then i remembered that gmail had the feature that you can see where your account has been sign on at.
Apparently Germany and some other place I never even heard of started signing in to my account! (I'm from the United States)
and this was also after I changed my password so once again I changed it... (btw Germany was mobile.)
I don't know what to do, I don't want to delete my gmail, but what can I do if they got into it not once, but twice! and after I changed my password. :(:(:(

Upvote 0
That happened to me but in Facebook. I'm starting to think this is an issue of us using the phone to get emails/facebook, etc... The IP may be recognized as being from another state... In my case (I live in PR), my home connection IP is usually recognized as being from Canada (I'm in the Caribbean and US territory... go figure...), so with my PC it is going to say I'm in Canada. Then my phone gets a US IP, so Facebook thinks how can this guy be at Canada and then Puerto Rico 10 minutes later??? :p

Reactions: nathanotis
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones