1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support spam on an Evo 4G???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ironman187, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ironman187

ironman187 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    In your head.
    Hey all, my wife has an Evo4G, and kids. So naturally, the kids like to play with various apps that are fun, unfortunately, they also inadvertently hit the advertisements, and now my wife is getting spam on her Evo...is there any way to nix the spam?

Advertisement

2. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert
    None

Question? Why do you think its an app? Correct, me if I'm wrong but spam isn't necessarily dedicated to our smart device. Its based on your account. Log in on your desktop and check the spam folder and validate that your wife hasn't been going to sites and signing up for things herself. If that is the case unsubscribe and create a filter.

3. ironman187

None

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    In your head.
    it shows up in her notifications bar, and has been happening since my daughter accidentally pressed on a banner add inside an app. Therefore, the banner add is the main suspect.

4. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert
    None

5. ironman187

None

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    In your head.
    Ok, I found the culprit, Airpush - Android Ad Network | Push Notification ad network | Mobile Ad network | Android app monetization
    Now, I don't want to install their app on my wife's phone just so she won't get any more adds, that just seems like a bad idea. But their other method calls for your IMEI number...is this safe to give to them, and where can I find it? Or are they looking for a Meid/ESN number, because as far as I know (and I am a bit of a noob, so I could be wrong) only phones with sim cards have IMEI numbers.

Airpush - Android Ad Network | Push Notification ad network | Mobile Ad network | Android app monetization

Tags: