• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spam posts

Another one has just started, looks like the same "content".

I visited their profile page and reported the user, though reporting a single post from the bot should be sufficient as well (reminder: no need to report every post, once the mods have the account in their sights that's enough).

Upvote 0
I moved this over to the suggestion box. Thank you members for being the eyes and ears. If you see any hit the report button in case it's in an area we don't frequent. In todays case, I had 600+ alerts when I logged in, so I think I would have found them all. :p

PS: Round of applause for @DonB doing the heavy lifting this morning. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks bud for moving this thread, I meant to do it after I was done and forgot :thinking:

I moved this over to the suggestion box. Thank you members for being the eyes and ears. If you see any hit the report button in case it's in an area we don't frequent. In todays case, I had 600+ alerts when I logged in, so I think I would have found them all. :p

PS: Round of applause for @DonB doing the heavy lifting this morning. :)

Upvote 0
Years ago I had a vBulletin site for a Raven Shield and COD gaming group. It got hacked once. The group that hacked it signed it. I started looking around the black web and found the group along with a dozen other hacking groups. Every day they have a competition about how many and who they hacked. They also made post about updates to different forum software to let others know where forums were vulnerable before updating.

You guys have things under control here as best you can. One thing that I found that helped a lot was a script that blocked certain IP addresses that were known for trouble. Of course this was back in 2003 when Tom Clancy Raven Shield was a popular online computer game.

Just thought I'd toss this in since I really hate hackers.

Upvote 0
I Admin/Mod/do security for many sites and found a hidden bug in a hot link a member posted.(the member was not in on the hack, he unknowingly put the link up for others, that is why hot linking should not be allowed)

Upon investigating, I followed it to a hacker in a foreign country and eventually got the infection on my hard drive, after trying to pin him down for location.

Had to format my machine twice to get rid of the bug !

I do vBulliten and Xenforo platforms and have likes/dislikes with them both.

Even did a couple of phpBB sites, so easy even a cave man can do it !

lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones