• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spare battery $10.45

Anyone know what the difference is between the two following MotoDroid batteries?

Battery 1:
Motorola DROID 1300mah Standard Battery
Amazon.com: Motorola DROID 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

Battery 2:
Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery
Amazon.com: Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

Battery 1 is $10.20 and battery 2 is $7.58. The pictures look exactly the same and both batteries have BP6X on the front. The descriptions on Amazon are a little different, but I have found that Amazon is not good about that. They tend to have the exact same product with different descriptions and prices for both.

So, again, what is the difference between these two batteries and why the $2 price difference?

Kratos

Upvote 0
Anyone know what the difference is between the two following MotoDroid batteries?

Dunno the answer, but I do know that the sale price from my original link is gone. It was $10.45 including the shipping.

Seemed like a decent deal on an OEM part so I thought I'd share. Whether it was a good deal or not, that particular one is gone.

Upvote 0

Battery 1:
Motorola DROID 1300mah Standard Battery
Amazon.com: Motorola DROID 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

Battery 2:
Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery
Amazon.com: Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

Battery 1 is $10.20 and battery 2 is $7.58. The pictures look exactly the same and both batteries have BP6X on the front. The descriptions on Amazon are a little different, but I have found that Amazon is not good about that. They tend to have the exact same product with different descriptions and prices for both.

So, again, what is the difference between these two batteries and why the $2 price difference?

Kratos

one is sold by AccessoryOne and one is sold by the OEM Shop. Sometimes Amazon makes different product pages for the same product.

Reactions: kratos
Upvote 0
So they are both the exact same battery, but just different sellers and prices. That's good to know. I think I'm going to go for the $8 one. I have been thinking of getting a spare battery, just in case.

Thanks for the info!

Kratos

yup. reviews say good things too. so i wouldn't be worried either.

Wanted a spare battery at a decent price, OEM, not a knock off. This is it!
If this is NOT the OEM battery, someone's done a great job making it look like one AND have the same good performance.

i'd buy it but i'm trying to start this whole money saving thing :eek:

go for it.

Upvote 0
yup. reviews say good things too. so i wouldn't be worried either.

At prices that low, I wouldn't be worried at all. However, if one of those batteries was better than the other, then I would go for the better one. Now, if I was looking at batteries that were at the regular price ($40-50), then yea, I would be a little worried about whether the batteries were actually any good. But at $8-10, that's just pocket change.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Both of those batteries on Amazon.com come from the same Asian supplier as the ones sold on eBay. The usual rule of thumb is that if it's not sold by Amazon, you can find the same thing cheaper on eBay.

Here's a link on eBay where you can buy the same battery for $5.80 w/ free shipping.

NEW BATTERY FOR MOTOROLA BP6X DROID A855 CLIQ MB200 - eBay (item 330417031838 end time Jun-21-10 12:37:30 PDT)

You can get them even cheaper ($3.69 w/ free shipping) by buying them from an Asian supplier on eBay if you're willing to wait 2 weeks to have them shipped from Hong Kong.

Here's a link to the Asian supplier:
BP6X Battery For Motorola Cliq MB200 Droid A855 1390mAh - eBay (item 140415181356 end time Jul-09-10 03:44:22 PDT)

Hope that helps!

Reactions: kratos
Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone for all the great info! Unfortunately I missed the last post about buying from the Asian dealer for that cheap. I have purchased two of the $8 ones from Amazon. I figured that with that cheap of a price I might as well get two. I've already had one battery go bad (the Verizon tech said that when it went bad, it left a "bubble" on the battery).

Again, thanks very much.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones