• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spare Parts/Helix Launcher Aggressive Setup

BlueDC2

Android Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2010
I am currently running helix launcher on my eris. In spare parts, there is a setting to switch to memory management to 'aggressive' to kill apps faster. I have read that because this is a function from the droid, it is not good to use on the eris because it will continually kill off sense, which will then reboot itself. HOWEVER, since I am using HelixLauncher instead of sense, is it ok to set this to aggressive?

I know that sense will come back after some time if it is killed with a task manager, but what if I force stop it right after a reboot, would this keep sense off and allow me to have aggressive/faster memory management?

Also, I currently do not use a task manager.

Settings, applications, manage applications. Wait for the list to load, go to htc sense, select or and scroll down to force close. It kept out off for a few hours for me.

Edit: It has nothing to do with the reboot really, I just did it right after to see how long it would last. Since it started coming back more often. I wish I had root!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones