1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Spare Vivid Battery for Cheap

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrhappycow, Jan 4, 2012.

1. mrhappycow

mrhappycow Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Hi all.
    Just wanted to let you all know if you need a spare battery I've got the one for you.

I did my research to find the cheapest possible and found one on tmart for 3.95 shipped. I chose free shipping and it got here in 4 days. Pretty good if you ask me.

The battery is 1800mah but I don't really notice a difference yet. It did about the same as my regular battery, but I still only have 2 days on it and need to report back when the battery has 10 or so charges under it's belt.

The battery is also a bit larger which is really cool. It fits tight and doesn't fall out so if you ever have your back plate pop off and the battery falls out don't worry this guy is staying in tight, it's just hard to get out...

Again this battery is on TMart just search raider battery..

I will re report when I break it in a little more, but I didn't have high expectations for this thing. At under 4 dollars put on my doorstep I barely even thought I would get it let alone in 4 days. Also I suggest paying via paypal just for the security of it.
    As a backup battery in case you get stuck without a charger this is perfect and as of now I suggest it to you vividears!

Today I had 3 hours and 4 minutes of screen time at 30% brightness and 13 hrs of up time before I hit the 5% threshold. I'm a pretty good user of the phone with email weather and social apps updating as often as possible. Always on WiFi and playing words with friends as well as sending quite a few texts through out the day.

A few days from now a better updated review will come with pictures of both it itself, compared to the stock battery how it fits and hopefully screen shots of the battery usage.

Anything else you guys wanna know just let me know!

Advertisement

2. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Obama money investor
    yay area
    cool info.. is there anyone else making a better 1800 battery? I'm thinking of getting the safpower case, but just not sure.

crap.. look what I found.. what the hell is this? Does this look like it replaces the batty and back cover????

3. mrhappycow

mrhappycow Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Update:

Maybe I was lucky before or it may be because part of my campus is an absolute dead zone but I average about just over 2 hours of display time taking roughly 65% of the battery's life. Wifi is around 15% music averages 5-10% and standby a mere 10%.

Today being a saturday I'm at just over an hour of display time and am at 66% life remaining. Numbers average as the above so you can see this massive screen is a hog for battery life, but geez playing with people's Iphones makes me feel like I'm using a tiny little phone and I have to almost squint to see it.
    There is no telling what a screen this size is like until you actually have it. I will never go smaller maybe 4.3" for better fit in the hand but never will I delve into the 3 inch screen sizes again.

Overall I have 2 batteries now that each last a full day of moderate use probably 2 days if I rarely use it.
    Also my phone is always on vibrate and I receive about 4 calls and probably 75ish texts a day. I hear the vibrate feature drains battery pretty bad so that may also be a cause, but regardless I'm content with the battery life of this beast.

More updates later will be posted with pictures.

4. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Obama money investor
    yay area
    I bought one of those cheap 3600Mah battery off ebay. It will sux about the case, but having only double the juice will be nice. I'll let you know how it goes when it comes in.

5. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Obama money investor
    yay area
    well... sheeeet. things dont look good..

I got the new $13 buck 3600 battery in.. it was only at 75% but it looks like its giving me the same power as the old one does.. its double the size w/ a new back half..

Who knows.. I'm going to drain it down and recharger it up and try again.. I dont know why its not showing up any increase.. sneeky chinese?

6. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Obama money investor
    yay area
    I used up the batt and recharged and according to the batt dr. I get the same usage times as a fully charged stock battery. I dont get why. can it be the chip inside of the batt. this is for the raider but should not be an issue =-/

7. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Obama money investor
    yay area
    Well stange update.. I fully charged the 3600 battery last night and in the morning the wife used it. A few hours later I looked at the phone and it was still showing at 100%? so I re-charged it just in case and ran it through a test.

Turned wifi on
    Bluetooh on
    sound at max
    ran a long netflix move 2H:30min
    then did it again
    and again.. haha

Anyway I didnt finish the 3rd time around, but it looks like I can get with all that shit on about 7 1/2 hours of netflex. Hell without wifi and bluetooth that might be over 8-9 hours..

I have not tested the stock one, but I dont think it will last that long. Which leaves me to think for some reason the Battery dr. app or something is not really forecasting the right amount of talk/video time. It all stays the same... maybe there is another app to try..

Has anyone just ran video from their reg batt?

bill.g likes this.
  8. bill.g

bill.g Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Did you order the 3600 battery in the link you posted earlier? if so how much larger does it make the phone? Can you take pictures with the 3600 battery in and with something else for size comparison?

9. lostsoul1

lostsoul1 Member
    None

Nov 9, 2011
    Obama money investor
    yay area
    someone posted pics here..

I just cant find an app to show the future talk time. they all show the same as stock batt.

I bought my batt from Ebay. Its the same type. 13 bucks.

Tags: