1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips spashtop hd

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alancoleman_99, Jun 29, 2011.

1. alancoleman_99

None

May 21, 2011
    work in computer/electric
    Amiad.Israel
    Have just started to use the remote desktop app spashtop HD.
    A must have app works very well and transformes your Transformer
    to your home computer. Iif you dont have an app just log on and use your home computer.Just the best:)

Advertisement

2. Eris1981

Eris1981 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    I bought it, and then realized it came with the ASUS it was just called something different, until you went through the setup and it told you to download Splashtop.

It may not support it, but I have not figured out how to set it up for access when I am not on my home network.

3. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    IT 'Anal'yst
    Leeds
    Hang on, so what is splashtop called within our AEPT? still on 3.0.1 and keep getting this force close for that app when browsing the web for some reason, and im not using the chuffing thing! :thinking: lol

4. Eris1981

Eris1981 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    It is part of the MyCloud App, I am running 3.1

It seems to hog some resources too, as my desktop is only a year old, running 3or 4 gig of ram and it taps the processor out to 70-90% when using the app.

5. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    IT 'Anal'yst
    Leeds
    ahhh....cool and thanks fo that! now on 3.1 havnt got that force close since :)

6. Incredirebel

Incredirebel Newbie
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Central Maryland
    What I wouldn't give for some decent documentation! I, too was surprised to learn that "My Cloud" is really the free version of "Splashtop." I bought Splashtop HD for $5 before finding that out. So many of the user reviews in the Android Market said that the paid version of Splashtop was better for streaming video like Netflix (which is what I wanted the app for) so I was willing to spend the bucks.

Trying to get Splashtop HD to work , however was a complete exercise in frustration, especially since the documentation for Splashtop is so inadequate. In spite of glowing reviews to the contrary, I had a devil of a time trying to get Splashtop to work with my wireless network (Verizon Fios). I spent hours trying to get my tab to connect to my Windows laptop. The information in the support forums wasn't all that helpful - amounting to suggestions to turn off the Windows firewall or turn off any antivirus programs - pretty useless. I ended up going into the settings for my router and creating an exception for the ports used by the app - although I couldn't swear as to how I exactly did that. Anyway, I am now finally able to stream Netflix from my laptop to my tab. That will keep me going until Netflix finally gets around to creating an app that is compatible with Honeycomb...whenever that is.