1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root SPB Mobile Shell 3d question home screen button

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by longshot, Apr 6, 2011.

1. longshot

longshot Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 26, 2010
    I have evo rooted with stock no mod and have also installed SPB Mobile SHell 3d. Whenever I hit the home button and when I had ADW installed it would pop up and ask what do you want to use as default, ADW or HTC Sense to goto the home screen. Well with SPB it doesnt give me that option between HTC or SPB. If I hit the home button it reloads HTC sense and then I have to go back to applications, force stop sense and then it goes back to SPB. I have looked for a settting in SPB but to no avail. Any suggestions why the EVO might not be seeing it as a launcher like ADW? and is there any way to change the setting to make the home screen do what I want, such as launching an app, perferably SPB. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    there are apps out that control launchers like home switcher, its free in the market.

3. longshot

longshot Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 26, 2010
    Found the problem, apparently if you dont have the legit version it basicly syncs up with the Market and knows this and once it does you hit the home button and then it defaults back to HTC sense. THe only way I have gotten it to work around is force close sense and then it goes back to SPB. Woke up this morning and SPB was non functional and HTC Sense was back as default. Guess will have to fork out $14 if I want it.

4. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    or sign up for beta if its still an option...?

5. Ghostlierdog

Ghostlierdog Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Like longshot says:it syncs up with the Market and knows this and once it does you hit the home button and then it defaults back. I sacrifice the market, first because i always download apps from 4shared or searching the web, just disable Background Data in Accounts and Sync Settings. Some apps maybe won't run like Market, Gtalk, etc. But if you want it so much like me, you don't care for the other apps. I have 2 weeks and my SPB still running.

Hope it Helps! :):)

Tags: