• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SPB Shell 3d On the Thunderbolt

I just got an HTC Thunderbolt and I love this phone. Its an amazing step up from my Droid I even though it was rooted. I've recently been considering SPB Shell 3D as a home screen replacement. The thing is, I'm scared to invest $15 in the app, and have it laggy or slow. I mean the Thunderbolt has been extremely fast, even more so than my 1.2ghz droid 1, but I'm still wary about such a large, 3D application running in the background in terms of overall phone performance and battery life.

If anybody on here has experience with SPB Shell 3D on this specific model phone it would be greatly appreciated. Of course, anyone with a phone with the same, 2nd Generation Scorpian Processor should be just as good. The Thunderbolt has 768MB of Ram, but I doubt that many phones, save those with a duel-core will have more than 512

Any opinions, thought, or impressions, especially those concerning battery life would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Been using spd shell 3d for 3 weeks. It is awesome . I like it best because you thumb scroll through the different home screens via a button in the bottom. They flip. So you don't need to swipe across the screen. It's much faster this way than stock sense or the other launchers.
Battery is same for me. No lag. Stock tb.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones