1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support "Speak Now" in texting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shmn, Feb 22, 2011.

1. shmn

shmn Android Enthusiast

When I'm in the "Messages" app for texting, and I press the microphone on the keyboard to bring up the "Speak Now" window to convert my speech into text, I notice it does not do capitalization at the beginning of a sentence.

If I use the "Voice Search" app (Google?) and tell it send a text to "so and so" and speak my message, the sentences do begin with capital letters.

If I'm in the "Messages" app I don't want to have to load the "Voice Search" app just to get capital letters at the beginning of a sentence.

Are these voice recognition apps not all the same? Is there a way to get caps at the beginning of sentences while in the "Messages" app without having to switch apps?

It's not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance. I just figured the voice recognition software would be standard across all apps but it doesn't look to be that way.

Advertisement

2. SMALBA

SMALBA Android Enthusiast

I noticed that too. I just figured "oh well" but it would be nice to have it capitalize for you. People always know when I use the voice to text thing lol.

Tags: