• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speaker at the back

Akalatengo

Mar 23, 2010
Northampton UK
Hi Everyone

I'm just about to get a Desire when it comes out (very soon now) but I wonder about the speaker at the back.

Can anyone with a device with the speaker at the back tell me if this is any good?

Do you have to place the device on a surface up side down when playing MP3's through the laud speaker or hands free?

thanks in advance

Good point. Not exactly sure why a rear mounted speaker would be implemented in the first place, but its only really noticeable if you leave your phone on the sofa and the ringer sounds muffled. Theres no difference at all as regards normal phone use or handsfree/headphone kits, and no noticeable difference if you leave your phone on the table. Just dont go wrapping it in a towel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones