• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speaker crackle when playing netflix?

thenew3

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
CA
Has anyone else tried to play a netflix video?

Notice any speaker crackle (constantly) while playing video? I've tried 10 different videos and they all make this speaker crackle.

doesn't do this in youtube. I wonder if its a netflix issues, or a bionic hardware issue or maybe I just got one with a bad speaker?

There is a netflix update in the market. It greatly reduces the crackle noise, doesn't eliminate it completely but I would say it's 90% less crackle then it used to be.

I only watched about 10 minutes of video pre-update but after updating I just sat and watched an episode of Star Trek and the crackle was terrible. I then watched an episode of South Park and it wasn't nearly as bad but still noticeable. Checked YouTube videos and no crackle so deferentially Netflix.. had me worried for a little while.

Upvote 0
Netflix is not compatible with media sound effects enabled when playing thru the built-in speaker. Turn it off(normal)...settings>sound>media audio effects>phone speaker>enable audio effects(uncheck it)
I just looked and that setting is already unchecked on my phone. The crackle is still there, though. At least the crackle is minimal. I can tolerate it for now, but it will be nice when Netflix fixes it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones