1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Speaker Crackling during music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Respen, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Respen

Respen Newbie

Just as the topic states. I have an AT&T white Galaxy S3. My speaker makes a crackling sound when I play music... and that is all music stored on the device from it's player. This also happens with headphones.

Songs and sounds on youtube are fine as far as I can tell, but when I use the built in player all songs crackle to a degree. I have 14 days to return the phone, but I really don't want to go through the hassle.... I had lots of returns with my first generation galaxy and just was hoping for better build quality.

Is this a known issue? Any fix?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Respen

Respen Newbie

Really, no one else? Did I just get that unlucky?

3. hbryder

hbryder Android Enthusiast

I had that issue, thought it was my bluetooth headset, got a new headset problem didn't go away, fortunately a hard reset fixed it.

4. Respen

Respen Newbie

Thanks, by hard reset do you mean going into settings and doing a "restore factory defaults"? I've done that with no success.

5. Respen

Respen Newbie

I just tried another reset, this time by doing it manually through the up rocker, home key and power button. For a moment, I had no clicking, but it slowly returned.

Thanks for the tip though!

6. hbryder

No I meant leaving the phone on while you take the battery out, let it set for a minute then restart. I hope that fixes it for you. It was a total relief for me, I use this thing like a mp3 player. Would suck not to have music.

BTW is this happening for all apps that play music? Or are you just using stock? If stock maybe try downloading a player? I hope you get it working :)

Respen likes this.
  7. Respen

Respen Newbie

Thanks, it didn't work for me. It's stock, and if stock isn't working I really don't want the phone. It's only 2 days old. I'm waiting on a replacement at the store and I'll try a second one... if the next one doesn't work I'm going to HTC or something I think.

8. hbryder

Good luck! My first had some issues with voice command, returned it and the second has been much better. Happy Listening:D

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews