1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Speaker Failure?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mcknigs, Jun 26, 2017.

1. mcknigs

mcknigs Member

The speaker in my wife's Bionic doesn't work. I'm not sure how long this has been the case. Phone won't ring through the speaker. Notifications have no audio through the speaker. Music won't play. All sounds work fine through headphones. I'm loath to do a full reset if I don't have to. Googling hasn't helped. A search of this forum only turns up headphone jack problems. Anyone have any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Sounds like a hardware issue. Reset won't fix it

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If it plays through the headphone jack, but not the speakers it could be one of 3 things. The easiest would be a volume setting where it mutes the whole phone, which I think is overridden by inserting the headphone jacks. Make sure you have volume levels set appropriately and you do NOT have do not disturb enabled. There are several options for DND, the one you'd look for is to turn it on until you turn it off. The others would have timed out by now.

Another problem might also be with the jack itself. If the contacts are dirty it might not reconnect. You could get a small swab (I don't think regular q-tips fit, ad they'd have a tendency to leave cotton fibers behind, which wouldn't be good) and trey cleaning it with a LITTLE alcohol, while the phone is OFF.

If the switch or the speaker itself is broken, then it's time for a hardware fix.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews