• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help speaker/headphone problem

Martijn_81

Lurker
Apr 3, 2010
I've got a problem with the speakers/headphone of my Galaxy I7500. After listening to music with my headphones (the Samsung headset which came with the phone) yesterday it wouldn't swich back to the normal speaker system. A a result I can not speak with or listen to people calling me.

The sound through the headphone is still working as is i) the starting sound of Samsung when I start-up (headphones unplugged) and ii) the ringtone when someone calls.

I looked at the forum and find it is a common problem and it looks like the most common sollutions is (roughly) in- or unplugging the headphones up to 20 times. I tried this for like 30 times with no result.

Has anyone a better sollution? Can it be a software thing?
I never did anything to update my 1.5 firmware.

Hopefully someone can help.

Regards
Martijn

I doubt it is software... It is probably a badly made headphone slot in the Galaxy. It happens on many devices (e.g. on laptops) when slot is broken and the device cannot detect that the headphones were unplugged. Sometimes it is incurable (for example, Asus replaced the motherboard in my laptop, instead of replacing the slot on the motherboard).

If it is however software (which may be the case, considering number of bugs in the firmware), I suppose factory reset and/or firmware update may help you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones