1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Speaker Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by IDAHOBuck, Nov 18, 2010.

1. IDAHOBuck

IDAHOBuck Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Well I had my first captivate for 2 1/2 month and the speaker went out a week ago and at&t sent me a refurb and I got it Monday and the speaker went out of it today and the third Captivate on the way and it a refurb as well I hope that this one last me my 2yr contract. All I listen to is espn radio and pandora radio and I was wondering if any of you have this problem.

Advertisement

2. Gamble1177

Gamble1177 Active Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Taking the battery case off and pushing really hard on the speaker makes it work again. My girlfriends phone does the same thing. There must be a connection problem somewhere on it. But there is your work around. And when I say push on it really hard I mean like you think you're going to break out hard.

3. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Speaker addressed within this post at XDA (Captivate Random Shut Downs Solved (kinda) - xda-developers):

"As for the speaker problem, remove the back and battery off the phone and with your trigger or fore finger aggressively tap 1 time on the speaker grill and your sound should work when you boot the phone up. This action could be described as thumping the grill with your finger. I know this is a caveman way to repair a phone and is closely related to the beavis and butthead "kicking method" but it works almost every time."