• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speaker quality?

GreggB

Lurker
Mar 3, 2011
I just recently purchased the HTC Inspire phone from AT&T and love the phone but the speaker quality and microphone when on speaker is terrible. Distorted and low volume. Tried two phones so far. Anyone have better luck? Did I get mine from a bad batch? Had a BB before and the quality was superb. Also Iphone are much better volume and sound. Great phone but why a bad speaker? Sound is good on game, but not phone.

I just recently purchased the HTC Inspire phone from AT&T and love the phone but the speaker quality and microphone when on speaker is terrible. Distorted and low volume. Tried two phones so far. Anyone have better luck? Did I get mine from a bad batch? Had a BB before and the quality was superb. Also Iphone are much better volume and sound. Great phone but why a bad speaker? Sound is good on game, but not phone.

Nope, it's just terrible. :( Disappointing for a phone that's great in so many other ways.

Upvote 0
Yup. The Blackberry Bold and Bold2 had great speakers, my Captivate had great speaker, but my Westone earbuds are absolutely AMAZING plugged into the HTC Inspire with SRS activated....I can hear the highs, mids and lows perfectly. The bass actually vibrates my ears and is crystal clear! The captivate nor BB could come close to it...ever.

Oh yea...forgot to say the inspire speaker for music/loudness/clarity sucks....

Reactions: jonebusa
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones