1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Speakerphone volume?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by b0n3z, Feb 9, 2011.

1. b0n3z

b0n3z Newbie

Hi all,

Unfortunately I lost my Evo this past weekend, and opted to go for the Shift as a replacement. There are a few annoyances with the Shift and obviously a few improvements over the Evo. (What a surprise.)

My problem is with the speakerphone volume. At full blast, I can barely hear the person I am talking to, and the Evo was much louder. Is anyone else experiencing this coming from the Evo? Is there a way to remedy this? Any help would be appreciated. I am very close to returning this thing and getting another Evo. Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kbrn

kbrn Android Enthusiast

yeah the speakerphone isn't as loud as I would like.. That's about the only feature I miss from my Moment. It was louder than this phone..
    I don't use speakerphone that often though but the ringtone isn't loud enough for me..

3. kiddk1

kiddk1 Android Enthusiast

Agreed, with my moment I could just use the speakerphone, this one is terrible.

4. noobs

noobs Newbie

Does the speaker phone use media volume or does it have it's own volume control? Sorry I have never used it for a call but games and other things that use the speaker seem really loud.

5. Matty Mo

Matty Mo Android Enthusiast

Ive noticed while driving home on the freeway, and using speakerphone, I cannot hear anyone, and that is with all the windows up and radio off. And when i talk to the people after i have spiked with them on speakerphone they say they can barely hear me...

6. thathrill

thathrill Newbie

my only gripe is the volume slider. i always hit it in landscape mode. speakerphone for ringtones is fine for me but I did originally record/save mine loud. haven't tried the speakerphone on a phone call just yet

7. Hotled

Hotled Newbie

I can barely hear the speakerphone but everyone says they can hear me just dandy.

8. Machiavel1ian

Machiavel1ian Newbie

For calls and voicemail, it uses the "In-Call Volume" settings and not the media volume. I can hear my speakerphone with no other noise around, but it is not terribly loud and this is one of the few annoyances I have found with this phone. Perhaps this is not necessarily a hardware issue and can be fixed through a software update? I've never tried it, but how does music sound through the speaker? Is it very loud?

9. gowcaizer1978

gowcaizer1978 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, thats strange cause I have to turn mine down some. It seems a lot louder then my Evo.

10. vagilik

vagilik Newbie

mine is definately low

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews