1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Speakers with hdmi input for my Droid ?

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by cynkrzy, Nov 29, 2010.

1. cynkrzy

cynkrzy Active Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Central Coast, Ca.
    Are there such things ? I like to listen to Grooveshark @ home and the phones speaker ... well ya know. Just wondering if there are mini powered speakers that accept hdmi & is it even worth it, would it be better than the headphone cable for sound ?

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    You would be much better off using the headphone port if you just want sound. To get sound out of hdmi, you need to have a home theatre receiver with an hdmi input, which will cost you at least a few hundred bucks. Just buy any stereo or computer speakers that have a 3.5mm input.

3. Mortus

Mortus Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    BC, Canada
    I am a little confused as to why you are looking for HDMI speakers when I am fairly certain the Droid does not have HDMI. Connection methods that are available are USB (Through the USB-Micro Port), 3.5mm Headset Port, or Bluetooth. Now where I may be wrong is there may be a USB-Micro to HDMI adapter, but I highly doubt it. It also may not be possible to transmit audio over the USB cable as well.

That being said, your best options are likely a small set of high quality speakers that connect using the 3.5mm port or Bluetooth.

4. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

If you want a good set of speakers the Klipsch THX Certified ones I have are great, I have tested older cell phones I have had with them and the audio is just crazy.

Amazon.com: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black): Electronics

These are the ones hooked up to my TV through a cheap amp, the other ones I have on my computer are similar, the sub is the same but the speakers look different and dont have as high a wattage output.