• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speaking of rebates...

It's a Visa card.

It's good for most anything anywhere except maybe dope and a lapdance.

Might even be able to get the lapdance with one someplaces. :p

The MAIN reason is sucks is that Metro pisses their customers off making them wait 2-3 months for just the benefit of the measly interest on their rebate $. The pissed offness caused to the customers isn't worth that.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Banned? By who, the gubmint?

NFW. The gubmint should Not have the authority to tell a business no mail in rebates at all.

Do I think they suck? Yes. Do I think Metro makes them suck More than they should have to suck? Yes. But, the Kicker Is, Metro does Exactly what they tell you up front in writing they'll do, drag their asses. You should have know that when you sent it in and if you didn't that's not Their fault. If you weren't willing to deal with them dragging their asses you were welcome to either not send in the rebate or get the phone somewhere else without them. They have provisions for you to get at least a good idea where your rebate stands and no one I heard of DIDN'T get their $ in the time they were told.

It's a whole 70 damn dollars. I defy anyone to not have anything to spend $70 on where they take Visa. Hell, pay for your next months service or two, like I did. That's saves real cash right out of your pocket you KNOW you have to pay. I think it's at least a month, probably more before they start adding in service charges. Who can't spend $70 in a month? :rolleyes:

The biggest issue I have with a mail in rebate is that Metro taking so long to just process them doesn't make any Business Sense and they should Have Better Sense than that.

As a paying customer I have every right to tell them when they're just being dumbasses. And I do. :p

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Banned? By who, the gubmint?

NFW. The gubmint should Not have the authority to tell a business no mail in rebates at all.

Do I think they suck? Yes. Do I think Metro makes them suck More than they should have to suck? Yes. But, the Kicker Is, Metro does Exactly what they tell you up front in writing they'll do, drag their asses. You should have know that when you sent it in and if you didn't that's not Their fault. If you weren't willing to deal with them dragging their asses you were welcome to either not send in the rebate or get the phone somewhere else without them. They have provisions for you to get at least a good idea where your rebate stands and no one I heard of DIDN'T get their $ in the time they were told.

It's a whole 70 damn dollars. I defy anyone to not have anything to spend $70 on where they take Visa. Hell, pay for your next months service or two, like I did. That's saves real cash right out of your pocket you KNOW you have to pay. I think it's at least a month, probably more before they start adding in service charges. Who can't spend $70 in a month? :rolleyes:

The biggest issue I have with a mail in rebate is that Metro taking so long to just process them doesn't make any Business Sense and they should Have Better Sense than that.

As a paying customer I have every right to tell them when they're just being dumbasses. And I do. :p

Bruce in Ocala, FL

It was a figure of speech. and I still think you work for metro. You're a mole. I just know it. You're here to try and brain wash the masses like apple.

Upvote 0
Wait... They're adding service charges to monthly bill? :eek:

It was a figure of speech. and I still think you work for metro. You're a mole. I just know it. You're here to try and brain wash the masses like apple.

GT, not your bill, the rebate Visa card. I know it's At Least a month but I think it's longer they take a little each month if you haven't used it all up.

BNB, I didn't mean for that to sound so At You, it really wasn't meant that way.

I WISH I was a Metro mole. I'd like to work for them.

I'd probably need to work for either a Corporate store or an honest Authorized Dealer. I'd probably get fired if I was told to go against Metro company policy and screw a customer over. :rolleyes:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
Whoa... just received mine yesterday

Actually it was stamped as 5/31 but I haven't checked my mail box for long time >< so.. it might be delivered 1-2 weeks ago.

It felt like it took forever to receive rebate but checking at the dates... it's not that bad actually.

Bought Spirit - 3/14/2013
Rebate Confirmed email - 4/10/2013
Rebated shipped - 5/30/2013

PS.

Wife sees the card on the coutertop (my mistake!!)

"What's this?"

- "It's $70 Metro PCS rebate card"

"Okay. [Opens up her wallet. Card gone]"

- Bard's SSD upgrade plan crashes.. he cries...

Upvote 0
Whoa... just received mine yesterday

Actually it was stamped as 5/31 but I haven't checked my mail box for long time >< so.. it might be delivered 1-2 weeks ago.

It felt like it took forever to receive rebate but checking at the dates... it's not that bad actually.

Bought Spirit - 3/14/2013
Rebate Confirmed email - 4/10/2013
Rebated shipped - 5/30/2013

PS.

Wife sees the card on the coutertop (my mistake!!)

"What's this?"

- "It's $70 Metro PCS rebate card"

"Okay. [Opens up her wallet. Card gone]"

- Bard's SSD upgrade plan crashes.. he cries...

and this is why I refuse to get married:p

when family and family friends ask if my girlfriend and I are married my reply is:

Nohohohohohohoho!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I've gotten rebates for my Esteem and two Motions with no problems. I go by the Game Theory method of totally forgetting about it then being pleasantly surprised.

I was ready to buy a Spirit to replace my Esteem when I looked at the rebate form. Am I correct in understanding that it's only for new lines? That just buying one to replace my phone on my existing line doesn't qualify?

Anyone ever buy a phone from wirefly? Any problems activating it? I finally decided to pull the trigger on this phone and realize I won't get the rebate :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones