• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

scribe74

Dec 10, 2010
UK
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a tablet, and have been looking at the galaxy tab 10.1.

I'm not sure if I should just get the original or wait for the tab 2 10.1 (it doesn't appear to be out in the UK just yet).

Here's my main point. Looking at the specs, it appears (to my layman's eye at least) that the original 10.1 is actually a better tablet as a whole, and that the tab 2 is really about lowering the price point. If that's correct I'm just going to get the original as I've found a cracking deal.

Am I right or am I missing something in the spec?

Cheers

Scribe

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a tablet, and have been looking at the galaxy tab 10.1.

I'm not sure if I should just get the original or wait for the tab 2 10.1 (it doesn't appear to be out in the UK just yet).

Here's my main point. Looking at the specs, it appears (to my layman's eye at least) that the original 10.1 is actually a better tablet as a whole, and that the tab 2 is really about lowering the price point. If that's correct I'm just going to get the original as I've found a cracking deal.

Am I right or am I missing something in the spec?

Cheers

Scribe

The Tegra 2 in the 10.1 Tab is a negative for me.

The TI OMAP 4430 chip in the Tab 2 is better for me -- video wise. Tegra 2 have problems with video codecs.

Reactions: scribe74
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones