1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Special characters on keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kasperknop, Dec 9, 2009.

1. kasperknop

kasperknop Member

I am going to import the Droid/Milestone from UK to Denmark, but need to know if it is possible to type special characters like

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scheng12

scheng12 Well-Known Member

I dunno about the danish dictionary, but it is possible to input special characters. Pretty easily too.

3. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

it is possible to type special characters. on either keyboard (hard or soft) just press and hold a letter to get a set of symbols associated with that letter. i checked and all the ones you mentioned and many more are available.

in Settings > Language & keyboard settings, there is a "Select locale" option. on the droid this just has english and spanish...maybe the milestone has more options? i think this might change the dictionary, but not sure.

4. kasperknop

kasperknop Member

thx alot guys you just made my day :D

5. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

It doesn't support everything though. I cannot for instance type in Vietnamese b/c some of the marks aren't available, like ọ or ẹ or ố or ả, and other combinations.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews