• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Special request favor needed urgently

I am the legal guardian for a handicapped individual who must use the Bank of America mobile app to e-deposit his paychecks. BOA just upgraded their software and broke the old version that ran on his old LG. I got him a Moto E Xt1526. The new BOA app on the store says the device is not compatible. None of the principals in this affair are being helpful.

Would someone with a Moto E go to the Google Play Store and tell me if the Bank of American mobile banking application is listed as compatible with their Moto E please. The phone is on the Ting network, so a Moto E on Ting test would be wonderful.

I am the legal guardian for a handicapped individual who must use the Bank of America mobile app to e-deposit his paychecks. BOA just upgraded their software and broke the old version that ran on his old LG. I got him a Moto E Xt1526. The new BOA app on the store says the device is not compatible. None of the principals in this affair are being helpful.

Would someone with a Moto E go to the Google Play Store and tell me if the Bank of American mobile banking application is listed as compatible with their Moto E please. The phone is on the Ting network, so a Moto E on Ting test would be wonderful.
Can't you download it via PC and side load the apk? Or is the BOA app not compatible with 5.X Android?

Upvote 0
I checked the app in play and on compatibility it seems it is only compatible with Android 4.x devices. It show compatible with my GNex (4.4.1???) and my two Huawei P8 Lites (4.4.4) but uncompatible with my OG Droid (2.3.x) and my two Nexus 7s (5.1.1 & 5.1).

I think you will have to wait for an update or see if there is a way to downgrade to 4.4.x. I'm not familiar enough with the Moto E to know if that is a plausible route.:(

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I'm lost. I have the Moto E 2nd generation on Verizon Prepaid. It works fine for me. Do you think its because Ting is your carrier? Maybe the version they upgraded too is not compatible with your phone. It could be for Kit Kat or maybe lollipop. I've used BOA app on my Honeycomb HTC EVO VIEW tablet all the way to lollipop on Moto E with no compatibility problems. I even owned a Boost Mobile Hydro low end phone and the app worked.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I just checked Google play. It is listed as incompatible. Take a chance and download it and see if it executes. My last version of BOA app is V.6.3.2. I successfully logged in this morning. I did see what you saw in Google Play. Let us know if you were successful. I don't want to click download for fear my version will deactivate and become incompatible. Good Luck!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones