• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Specific contacts ignore silent mode?

The best way I know of is to use google voice.

With the Samsung Moment you can assign silent ringers but that is not what you want.

With the iPhone there is a 3rd party app that manages ringtones like this. Maybe someone will develop an app for Android that will work similarly.

Until then use Google Voice.

Or give the security company your home # and have them call that in addition to your phone.

Upvote 0
I get a large number of texts and emails after I'm asleep, so I put my phone in silent mode. However as a manager of a retail store, I need to be able to receive calls from the security company. Does anyone know of a way to set certain contacts to ignore silent mode and ring anyway?

There's an option to set ringers for certain contacts, or send certain people straight to voicemail. Try messing with that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones