1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Specific navigation app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by RobertEagle, Feb 1, 2014.

1. RobertEagle

RobertEagle Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    Hi,

I'm a sales rep, and I have to go to various places around my city.

I want an app that can search for me all the various places for different keywords like "beauty salon" and "web design" (the keywords are chosen by the user) in a specific region (e.g. my city) and then give me an optimum route for the "beauty salon" ∪ "web design" places in function of accessibility (the app has to know the public transport routes).

Is there any app that can do this for Android? It would spare me from making a lot of calculations. There are around 700 places in my city. Imagine doing an optimum route for all of them. If there isn't, then I got you a very good idea, for a possibly viral app.

Advertisement

2. powell

powell Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 14, 2009
    Programmer
    PL
    This is a difficult subject to program, I am curious myself if there is such application for Android at the moment.
    Link to the theory: Traveling Salesman Problem, and you need to add the public transport routes, traffic hours to the algorithm.

3. RobertEagle

RobertEagle Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    You can do it in multiples way, theoretically:
    1. Backtracking
    2. Using a specialized form of graphs
    3. Using neural networks

After that, you can implement search engines, so you don't have to recalculate routes. This results have to be uploaded to a public server. At a first glance, you'd think that's too CPU consuming. Yes, but after a while, you get results faster and faster. Haha, it'd be a nice project. But I don't have time.

What I'm asking is for someone who might know such an app. I'll be very grateful if there's someone. :D

4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL