• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Specific Search

nfusaf

Lurker
Nov 30, 2009
I have certain needs that I am having trouble making an app for. I was hoping to be able to create a sqlite database that I can manually input data from my computer and search the data on my droid. I wanted to set up tags or full data search within each sqlite database object so and pull up a listing of best matches for the given search term.

The use for it is that I work on an Air Force Base and my job is very broad. I wanted to custom build an app that I could list all of the information pertaining to my job and be able to search it as I work to find solutions to problems way quicker than we are doing it now.

Is there any such app. I've been trying to create my own and it looks like it would be a mix between notepad and searchable dictionary but not quite.

I have certain needs that I am having trouble making an app for. I was hoping to be able to create a sqlite database that I can manually input data from my computer and search the data on my droid. I wanted to set up tags or full data search within each sqlite database object so and pull up a listing of best matches for the given search term.

The use for it is that I work on an Air Force Base and my job is very broad. I wanted to custom build an app that I could list all of the information pertaining to my job and be able to search it as I work to find solutions to problems way quicker than we are doing it now.

Is there any such app. I've been trying to create my own and it looks like it would be a mix between notepad and searchable dictionary but not quite.

Maybe set up a quick little website, with all teh necessary info on it. You can then open it up, and "find text on page"? Would that work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones