1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Specific Search

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by nfusaf, Nov 30, 2009.

1. nfusaf

nfusaf New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I have certain needs that I am having trouble making an app for. I was hoping to be able to create a sqlite database that I can manually input data from my computer and search the data on my droid. I wanted to set up tags or full data search within each sqlite database object so and pull up a listing of best matches for the given search term.

The use for it is that I work on an Air Force Base and my job is very broad. I wanted to custom build an app that I could list all of the information pertaining to my job and be able to search it as I work to find solutions to problems way quicker than we are doing it now.

Is there any such app. I've been trying to create my own and it looks like it would be a mix between notepad and searchable dictionary but not quite.

Advertisement

2. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Student
    Philly
    Maybe set up a quick little website, with all teh necessary info on it. You can then open it up, and "find text on page"? Would that work?

3. nfusaf

nfusaf New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    That wouldn't work cause my information pertains to classified aircraft info.

4. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Student
    Philly
    Make the webpage have some sort of password protection, or is that not good enough security?