• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spectrum vs. Incredible 4G

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
Has anyone ever used both phones and can you give me your opinion on the pros and cons of each? I've read the reviews of each, but I haven't seen any direct comparisons.

Obviously size does matter (hehe)...and the Spectrum has a better chipset...but I want real world comparisons of everyday use of the phones. Signal strength, smoothness, durability, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Specs-wise, the Spectrum trumps the Inc 4G. There's no denying it...but even with it's great specs, the Spectrum was never in the same class as the Rezound, Razr, GNex, etc. Even though it was released later, the Spectrum has been kind of a dud...That leads me to believe that something must be wrong with the device. I know GB was very weak on it, and it's much better on ICS, but I'm still worried about the overall phone.

The reviews implied the 4G was overall a very good phone. Obviously not the same caliber of the One X, but still a good, smaller device. The reviews give it good battery life and the new Sense is supposed to be very smooth. I've heard the build quality if so-so, but the Spectrum feel cheap to me as well.

So, please keep it coming with the details of each in everyday use. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Personally i have never really liked Sense, i always Rooted/Rom'd my device so i didn't have to deal with it lol.

Otherwise i loved my Incredible, it was a great device. I have no doubt in my mind that the 4G is also a good improvement down the Incredible line of devices.

the only thing i didn't like in the spec sheet was the .3mp Front facing camera lol

Upvote 0
I've never used the Spectrum, but I have gone through two Incredible 4gs. The phone itself is a nice phone. I cannot keep it in my hands though. In a month I smashed two of them. The first one I chalked up to dumb luck. The second one fell and the screen landed right on the corner of a cinderblock. It was then I knew the phone gods did not want me to own one. They are apparently very hard for me to hold on to. I've never smashed any other phone I've had ever.

Upvote 0
Of the two, I would certainly go for the Inc 4G. Spectrum has a great screen, but that's pretty much it.
Is there a reason you're trying to choose between the two?

Thanks for the insight. I actually bought my wife a used Spectrum, but she thinks it's too big for her. So I can either re-sell it or someone has offered a trade for an Inc 4.

I'm most likely gonna make the trade, but I wanted to get some opinions on both devices beforehand.

Upvote 0
I've never used the Spectrum, but I have gone through two Incredible 4gs. The phone itself is a nice phone. I cannot keep it in my hands though. In a month I smashed two of them. The first one I chalked up to dumb luck. The second one fell and the screen landed right on the corner of a cinderblock. It was then I knew the phone gods did not want me to own one. They are apparently very hard for me to hold on to. I've never smashed any other phone I've had ever.

Doesn't the 4G have that "tacky" rubberized back like the Rezound? What did you end up moving onto?

Upvote 0
Doesn't the 4G have that "tacky" rubberized back like the Rezound? What did you end up moving onto?

Yeah it does have the rubberized back, pretty sure all Incredible's have it. I dropped mine, but i put it in a tiny front jacket pocket so it was my fault. I never had issues with dropping it otherwise, i always enjoyed a bigger device like the GNex i have now because since i have big hands i always felt like it was harder to drop the GNex compared to the Incredible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones