1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Spectrum will not charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mhotel, Aug 12, 2013.

1. mhotel

mhotel Lurker
    None

May 19, 2013
    Yesterday AM my 920 rebooted when I unplugged it. Same thing every time the cable is inserted or removed. Same results with multiple chargers and cables. Battery @82%, no way to charge.

Phone lives on window sill next to my desk. We had some wind-driven rain the night before -- there were some water droplets around the phone that morning, but nothing inside. Moisture sensors on battery and case look normal. Phone works 100%, just can't charge it.

I am out of contract with Verizon, planning on an S4 or Moto X soon, but would hate to get stuck paying MSRP for a replacement on this thing before that can happen. Is there another moisture sensor inside someplace that I need to check? Suggestions?

thanks~

Advertisement

2. ortrigger

ortrigger Android Expert
    None

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    IT student
    Honestly, at this point, it's probably better to just go ahead and get your upgrade. If you are looking to switch carriers, the HTC One is a really solid phone. I actually prefer it over the S4, to be honest. If you are sticking with VZW, the new Moto Droids are all pretty solid, and I hate to say it but, the new Blackberry Z10 is a pretty slick phone. I had the chance to use one for a few minutes the other day and it's actually really nice.

3. mhotel

mhotel Lurker
    None

May 19, 2013
    Guess I should have been a bit clearer: I have extended warranty coverage, but it's the basic Verizon plan for equipment replacements. So as long as they don't find a moisture indicator tripped, I would not be charged.

4. sosaudio1

sosaudio1 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 15, 2012
    Male
    HUNTSVILLE AL
    This may be a long shot in the dark but try taking your battery out of the phone for a bit. Make sure it is stone cold then reinsert. Try to charge then. I wonder if this is a battery cache issue.

Have you let the battery run all the way out? Does it seem to charge up to 82% then go no higher? Does it die and when you charge it immediately says 82%?

Couple things could be wrong if the above scenarios are happening. 1. Battery is bad and only gets to 82%.
    2. Phone is bad and only senses to 82%. 3. Battery sensor is bad and only reports 82% 4. Battery and phone caching causing it to "default" to 82%.

A reboot upon insertion of power to the phone isn't good though and usually indicates some sorta panic or distress is ensuing.

Rich

5. aaronp121

aaronp121 Well-Known Member
    None

May 7, 2012
    Tennessee USA
    I agree, Blackberry Z10 is good for web surfing.

Tags: