• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speech to text auto-capitalization

hello, and my sincerest of apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere and if I am posting in the wrong location. I'm doing this from the mobile browser on my phone while I'm out and abroad and sometimes navigating all of the page contents can be somewhat difficult.

As seen in the beginning of the above paragraph, for some reason my speech to text always forces a lower case letter at the beginning of the sentence. I have checked other areas of Android forums, and I already tried checking the language and input settings, the only keyboard installed is the stock Google one, and auto capitalization is on.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, what have you found as a remedy? As someone who uses speech to text regularly, this is quite annoying, and looks really unprofessional when sending messages for business, etc.

This issue seems to happen in all apps, i.e. email, Outlook, stock messaging app, etc.

Any and all input is very much appreciated. I thank you in advance for your assistance :)

Regards,

Mike

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones