1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Speech to text

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Mats Lingblad, May 16, 2011.

1. Mats Lingblad

Mats Lingblad Lurker

I notice that the speech to text function on my Android is pretty good. Now I'm looking for an application in which I can take short notes. I'm talking of notes consisting of maybe 5-6 sentences. It would also be nice to be able to say "Period" to indicate "."

I've search the market but haven't found this application. Anyone has a suggestion?

Regards, Mats

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Any note app should work. I use AK Notepad and like it. There are a bunch of them out there, search for notes not the speech part. As long as the little mic shows on the keyboard you are good to go!

Mats Lingblad likes this.
  3. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

I use "colornote" and use vlingo for voice to text, which puts in punctuation.

Mats Lingblad likes this.
  4. Mats Lingblad

Mats Lingblad Lurker

Thanks for suggestions. I've tried them but they don't seem to have the functionality of voice > text into a note application.

Update: I know realise that my phone doesn't have a voice button on the keyboard. I wonder why - and how to get it to show up.

5. danaj

danaj Android Enthusiast

try swift key keyboard, my standard android keyboard has one.

6. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

The Swype keyboard that came with my (Android 2.2) LG Optimus S has a microphone button with remarkably good voice-to-text. I can speak punctuation marks, such as "period", "question mark", and "exclamation point", which will be synthesized into the proper punctuation marks in the text.

If I want to dictate a note to myself, I do so as an email (if it's long) or as a text message, if it's a shopping list item or a reminder or something.

7. Mats Lingblad

Mats Lingblad Lurker

Thanks. It seems that my version of the stock keyboard did not have the voice button. That's why I was confused in the beginning. I've now changed keyboard and it works well.