• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speed booster & antivarious

Nope. Speed boosters don't really boost speed. Antiviruses really aren't useful if you don't do shady stuff, like downloading from unofficial app sources (only Google Play, Amazon, and manufacturer stores are official), and if you don't allow 'installation from other sources' in settings. They do help in preventing your phone to be carriers of PC viruses though.

Upvote 0
Pointless IMO. However one of my ROMs I have installed in the past had DU Speed Booster & Cleaner pre installed on it, looks like it is currently updated so you could try that. I used to use Lookout antivirus for a while, but that was because I got pro for free and some of the anti theft features were handy.
I would say if you don't download from unknown sources if you are unsure you don't need these. A lot of these kinds of apps cause more problems than they fix.

^Ninjad, what he said.

Upvote 0
Nope. Speed boosters don't really boost speed. Antiviruses really aren't useful if you don't do shady stuff, like downloading from unofficial app sources (only Google Play, Amazon, and manufacturer stores are official), and if you don't allow 'installation from other sources' in settings. They do help in preventing your phone to be carriers of PC viruses though.
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones