• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speed dial 1 for Voicemail

HP2

Nov 17, 2009
Does anyone know how to get the number "1" to be your voicemail speed dial? I've done the 2.1 update, and saved the *86pXXXX# as the password, but the dialer won't got to voicemail when I actually press "1" on the dial pad. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Wow, my problem is how to get SPD 1 to NOT be voicemail. Seems to me that it's 'hard coded' to voicemail with no option to do anthing else. For me it's been that way through 1.5, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 - I haven't gone to 2.1.3 yet.
By the way, *86 is the number for voicemail, you could try assigning that to SPD 1.

This has been the hard coded behavior, at least on Vzw phones, for years. I remember people asking that questions about their original RAZR and various other phones. The answer was to either change your voicemail number to the number of the person you wanted as #1 or flash to another carrier firmware.

I'm not sure how it affects smartphones, but I'm sure it's similarly embedded into the UI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones