• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speed Forge 3D - new racing game

Hi,

I have contacted Samsung support, to check what is wrong. They told me that they are going to check it on newest software. I am very sorry that it doesn't work. You can write to SlideMe to get your money back (they will contact us and we will agree to do so), or you can give as lil more time :) We are doing our best, but the problem is that none of us owns Galaxy.

Thanks for your post,
Marcin

It is definitely a problem with the H8 firmware. Many games are showing 3D corruption and low performance.

I hope they fix it with the new I firmware.
And, if I may ask, whats the status on the demo? Haven't checked slideme's stores yet :eek:

Upvote 0
That is true, that screen is dimming if you don't touch it. We are working on that now. I only don't understand what do you mean by saying that:

You can change sensitivity in a game options if default settings are not right for you. And yes, ship may fill lil heavy, beacuse each of them is different. We intended to make it that way (some more for one ship, less for other ones)

In pre-game screens I guess the touch areas were small, and so my finger didn't hit/register it correctly.

In in-game my ship got stuck on a rail and there was no way to get out of that situation as much as a I tried - fully could be user error, but the response was hard to manuever and the feedback on screen made it feel ungainly.

I did understand that different ships could be different weights and expected they would act accordingly, but this was just the basic demo I was working on.

I do hope you look at ways to reduce the app size.

Upvote 0
Hi DummyBoy! :D

Just wanted to say Thanks for releasing this free version for all to try as well , you are literally leading the way in 3D gaming for Android. !

Also, Just to pass on to you that I have a HTC Magic running 192MB of RAM {32B} and the game is very laggy for me and the controls make it quite uncontrolable. So the lag mixed with the control makes it quite hard to do. Is their anyway you can reduce the Lag?

Thanks!

Carl C

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have contacted Samsung support, to check what is wrong. They told me that they are going to check it on newest software. I am very sorry that it doesn't work. You can write to SlideMe to get your money back (they will contact us and we will agree to do so), or you can give as lil more time :) We are doing our best, but the problem is that none of us owns Galaxy.

Thanks for your post,
Marcin

I'll wait and see what Samsung pull out of the bag. Hopefully it's shortcomings in the software, and not the hardware!

Upvote 0
Hi DummyBoy! :D

Just wanted to say Thanks for releasing this free version for all to try as well , you are literally leading the way in 3D gaming for Android. !

Also, Just to pass on to you that I have a HTC Magic running 192MB of RAM {32B} and the game is very laggy for me and the controls make it quite uncontrolable. So the lag mixed with the control makes it quite hard to do. Is their anyway you can reduce the Lag?

Thanks!

Carl C
Hi,

That lag you are writing about is more visible when: you touch phone's screen and when music is on. If you turn music off it should help a bit.
We have also updated game to version 1.2.2. It should fix more issues (some steering problems, screen dimming and so on).

Cheers,
DummyBoy

Upvote 0
Nonconstructive criticism. Nice job. At least tell the DEV what bothers you, since he is nice enough to post on this forum.
Controls are too sensitive.
The ship seems to slide across the screen without my input.
The AI is either really bad or non existant, I was playing normal and crashing into things all the time but remained in first place, rendering the powerups useless.

I am not saying this game has no potential, it IS the best looking 3D game I have seen on the Market. But as it is just now, I would not waste my time with it.

Upvote 0
You sound like a petulant child with that little whinge.

You can adjust the sensitivity of the controls via the preferences. The ship WILL move across the screen if you don't have you device just so - that's the accelerometer.

Is it the free demo you have, or the paid-for version? If it's the demo, then wind your neck in a bit.
This is your chance to bestow your "high standards" onto the marketplace via this very accommodating developer.

They must wonder why the hell they bother with comments like yours.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for your post,
Marcin

Hi Marcin,

Samung have just released a new firmware (i5) - did they have any contact with you about this and your game?

Not really interested in "upgrading" the firmware if it doesnt fix the one problem that's annoying me!

Upvote 0
@G8D, there you go :) That's better feedback.

Hi Marcin,

Samung have just released a new firmware (i5) - did they have any contact with you about this and your game?

Not really interested in "upgrading" the firmware if it doesnt fix the one problem that's annoying me!

They still haven't fixed the 3D bug in I5 :( Hoping the next one does.

Upvote 0
I think we might have been abandoned for the iphone :(

They had been working on speedforge extreme which has been launched for the iphone already (the demo vid was also for the iphone) and there's been no news as to whether the android one was coming or was halted..

Also, it's unclear whether the android version will have motion blur, like the iphone version, for devices which are opengl 2.0 capable (droid and nexus i think).

Maybe all's quiet because they're working hard though! We'll see...

Upvote 0
I think we might have been abandoned for the iphone :(

They had been working on speedforge extreme which has been launched for the iphone already (the demo vid was also for the iphone) and there's been no news as to whether the android one was coming or was halted..

Also, it's unclear whether the android version will have motion blur, like the iphone version, for devices which are opengl 2.0 capable (droid and nexus i think).

Maybe all's quiet because they're working hard though! We'll see...

Wouldn't surprize me. The iPhone market is much larger.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones