• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Speed Tests

Well this 3G is getting old quick!!!!! I had a couple 1500kbps speeds before, but just seems like I couldn't break 100kbps to save my life now. My Upload is always higher than my Download which is another thing that confuses me.. I am not fully sure how to go about changing my PRL since I have heard some horror stories in the "http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/513558-guide-cdma-workshop-manual-prl-updates.html" Thread. Any Ideas why my speed is like this?

I rememer having slower than dial up speeds.
42574517-7ad3-7285.jpg

I updated PRL OTA to 61008 and tried 3G scripts. Didn't help but 2 weeks later got my speeds back.
42574517-7baf-6dcf.jpg

Upvote 0
Maybe the speed differences may have something to do with Sprint's work on their towers/network? I was having trouble with 3G for a few weeks at the beginning of the year, and about mid February they magically came back. I actually called Sprint right after to ask if any towers were being worked on in my area, and they did confirm there were. Don't know if I actually believed them or not... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones