• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speed Up my Phone

Are there any tutorials out there for speeding up android phones? Like apps or tweaks?
I'm also wondering which cpu tweaking app I should use. Right now I use Franco's default app. Is cputuner and any similar apps good?

Are you currently rooted? And if so, what are you running? I know that coming from stock to JB, it was like a lightning flash difference.

Upvote 0
Frankos app along with his kernel is going to be just as good as any other CPU tuner.

IMO, even when overclocking the Nexus you really arent going to notice much difference from every day use unless all you do is run benchmarks. i actually underclock to 1ghz on the weekends to save battery life and i dont notice a slow down at all.

you can also set your animations (in settings>developer settings) to .5x or off to speed it up. it makes a big difference IMO. but inreality when is that .1 second going to help you?

Upvote 0
Okay, thanks

You can underclock in Franco app right? You use custom profiles right?

I'm on Stock Jelly Bean, latest franco nightlie build
yes, to underclock
under OC/UV menu....set max CPU to whatever you like. this will cap it at whatever you set it at.

you can use custom profiles, but i never do. seems to handle it quite well on its own.

Reactions: JBNex
Upvote 0
yes, to underclock
under OC/UV menu....set max CPU to whatever you like. this will cap it at whatever you set it at.

you can use custom profiles, but i never do. seems to handle it quite well on its own.

Thanks what's the difference between power modes and manually changing it under OC/UV menu? Do I have to configuration OC?/Uv menu if I have a power mode enabled? I have the Balenced enabled. And what kernel you use?

Upvote 0
There's a link to a ram fixer in my Sig. I'm not going to pretend to know all the details of how it works, but basically it changes the priority of your launcher(no redraws) and adjusts your minimum free ram settings.

The tutorial at xda is so hard and complicated! Can you explain to me what I need to do in a much easier way? I'm on Jelly Bean Stock

Upvote 0
Well you need to be rooted for all of the tweaks people have mentioned here.
And for the v6 supercharger, if you wanted to stay stock, I'd flash a deodexed stock ROM.
If any of that sounds to complicated.... Then I dunno what to tell you lol. Research. Read up on stuff. I'm no android expert, but I'm alot more proficient now than I was 3 months ago.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No, really.

In defense, not everyone uses v6. I hadn't even heard of it until this thread, actually. So not everyone would instantly go "oh! I know just where to point someone to an easy step-by-step". However, that link I posted above, was the result of literally a 3 minute google search. Sometimes it's just easier to give that a shot while waiting for answers, than to hope someone will have it quickly.

Let me know how that one works out for you though. It was (from what I could see) the most basic step-by-step post I saw in the first couple pages of searching. It sure sounds like the app has the potential to be confusing for people, for sure. Not as simple as just "install this app, click this setting, done".

Upvote 0
No I was talking about answering this :

Thanks what's the difference between power modes and manually changing it under OC/UV menu? Do I have to configuration OC?/Uv menu if I have a power mode enabled? I have the Balenced enabled. And what kernel you use?

Ah, I got ya. As for that, and to be honest, I know virtually nothing about them. But it sounds like the manual gives you slightly more precise control over every single value, whereas the modes are preset configurations that suit the majority of people. If you have a balanced mode enabled, you shouldn't need to worry about having to go in to tweak your other settings, since they've been set by the Mode already. I'd say play with the Balanced mode as it is, see how it works, and decide if any particular settings need tweaking after that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones