• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Speed up the Admire

Hey guys. I'm new here as you can probably tell, but I've been lurking for a while. My phone has been rooted for about a year, etc. I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on how to optimize/improve my phone. Currently, I'm planning a couple upgrades.

First, I'm going to install a 32GB Class 4 SanDisk MicroSD. I've read around a bit, and this seems to be the best choice. If you guys have a better suggestion let me know, but I don't think the Admire is compatible with any of SanDisk's new Extreme or Ultra cards. Also, I've heard that for random access that lower classes are best, and higher classes are better for straightforward read/write.

Secondly, I'm going to purchase an extended battery. Which...hopefully isn't a piece of shit.

Anyway, I was hoping a couple of you could give me some advice (especially pertaining to the SD card) that could get my device running fast: processing and data connectivity. It would be a big help. I'm open to anything: ROMs, kernels, whatever.

Thanks in advance. :smokingsomb:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones