• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speeding up WiFi!

kb58

Oct 31, 2010
Found this on another forum and didn't see it mentioned here, but it sure worked for me.

Go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless and networks -> Wi-Fi Settings, then hit Menu again -> Advanced, and select "Best Wi-Fi performance." Not sure what it changed but it sure did work. I'll have to remember and run a speed check to see what the differences are.

It also notes that it "may" decrease battery life.

Your WI-FI performance would really depend on the internet provider, the routers performance, and current traffic.

Depends on whether you are accessing a public wi-fi or a home network wi-fi. you didn't specify.
Found this on another forum and didn't see it mentioned here, but it sure worked for me.

Go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless and networks -> Wi-Fi Settings, then hit Menu again -> Advanced, and select "Best Wi-Fi performance." Not sure what it changed but it sure did work. I'll have to remember and run a speed check to see what the differences are.

It also notes that it "may" decrease battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones