1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

speedometer widget (not app) requested

Discussion in 'Application Requests' started by dorri732, Feb 10, 2010.

1. dorri732

dorri732 New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I know there are tons of speedometer apps, but I'd love a speedometer widget that will play nice with the Pandora widget.

I run Pandora continuously on the way to/from work and need a speedometer as well. Switching back and forth works, but is kind of a pain.

Thanks,

Advertisement

2. jdfoster

jdfoster New Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Seconded! I ride a motorcycle and use my droid for music and GPS speed (bike speedo is 11% off). It would be really nice to be able to see/control both from the same screen.

3. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Awesome! I could really use this, running oversized tires and its really affecting my speedo. Cost me a ticket recently!

4. frantag

frantag New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Every speedmeter using gps. If it would be widget, it will works nonstop and discharging battery very quickly.

5. centauress

centauress Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Work
    On land, duh...
    One would assume that someone would put a interlock in that will only let it display on charger. If you're on battery power, it would display a 'blank' message - like Pandora does when the player isn't in use.

Which would also make sense, using it as a speedometer. It's close enough, just plug it into the cig. lighter outlet.

6. cryptyk

cryptyk New Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Really good idea. I can try to work on this tonight/tomorrow. I'll probably have something in the market tomorrow.

7. cryptyk

cryptyk New Member

Apr 13, 2010
    I'm done with the v1 of this. It's in the market now for free.
    Search for Speedometer Widget. It's in the travel category. Once cyrket updates the site, I'll post a cyrket link with the QR code here.

Enjoy! And thanks for the idea.

8. cryptyk

cryptyk New Member

Apr 13, 2010
  9. MikeTWS

MikeTWS New Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Great App Cryptyk. Any chance of modifying the widget to play nice with the car dock, droid 1 app on the market (multi-screen replacement for the default droid app). A 1 x 1 Widget sitting next to my compass and clock widgets would be great. Thanks

10. briands

briands New Member

Sep 14, 2010
    I agree. A 1x1 or 2x2 widget would be great for exactly the same reason as the poster above.