1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Speedtest results very slow on my Tab A

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by J Thomas, Dec 10, 2019.

1. J Thomas

J Thomas Lurker

I have had my Tab E 9.6 for a couple of years now and yes its a Tab E not A like the title. I just upgraded my wifi router and my providers speed is supposed to be 600mbps. 'When I run the speed test on my other devices I get anywhere between 200 to over 600 depending on the device but when I run the test on the Tab I only get close to 40mbps. My router does not show separate 2.4 and 5 ghz speeds. Is there anything I can do to get the Tab to run at these speeds or am I limited to the wifi hardware in the Tab itself?

2. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

It maybe that you need to separate your channels as the Tab maybe suffering as a result.. maybe. It's worth try and normally only takes a few minutes.

On a related note, about 3 years ago in had a new amazon tablet that ran like a bag of nuts and bolts on my wifi. No idea what the issue was, however when I contacted my service provider to look into it they found an issue and resolved it. If the above does not work, maybe give yours a ring.

mikedt, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

maybe just a simple reboot of your router might help out as well.

mikedt and Dannydet like this.

Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 release date was July 2015. Features and Specs include a 9.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, processor, and 5000mAh battery.

July 2015
Release Date
Reviews