1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Spell check and itunes question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fridaypassion, Jul 31, 2011.

1. fridaypassion

fridaypassion Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    Hi all
    T
    just got a galaxy s2 having had an iphone previously. Its a great phone and so far more than a match for the iphone.
    Anyway a couple of things im just looing for some tips on:

The iphone had a great spell checker that auto corrected some mistakes and put a red line under other words but the galaxy appears not to have this feature?

Also i have installed isyncr to link itunes to the galaxy for my podcasts. in itunes its set to only sync the newest three podcasts but isyncr has installed all the old podcasts. is there any way around this?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

iphone autocorrect? lol. its been the source of a lot of jokes, n i always found it a total pain in the neck. there are plenty of keyboards out there which u can find from the market which would have a spell checker, i think. i use swype, its built into the SGS2. i highly recommend u give it a shot. it sounds dumb at first, but u'll soon realize its the new way people are gonna use to type on touchscreens. its not got a spell checker but its got word prediction, and im pretty sure its got an autocorrect feature :)

3. fridaypassion

fridaypassion Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    Ok thanks ill have a look

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Isyncr seems to copy the entire contents of each playlist you sync. So I think the only way to go about it would be with one of the smart playlists in itunes - it might be possible to iTunes keep only a few in the playlist at once.

Alternatively there are lots of very customiseable podcast apps out there too :)

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    Yeah it does but I wouldn't recommend using it as it seems to autocorrect every other word into something you didn't type. Kind of defeats the object of swype being quicker to write.