1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Spell Checker Pop Up Suggestions

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by TheGrind, Jan 22, 2016.

1. TheGrind

TheGrind Lurker

I have a HTC EVO with Android version 5.0.2 When using voice to text I used to be able to click on a correctly spelled word and a pop up would appear offering me similar words. For example: I spoke the word bowl and ball was typed, I could click on the word "ball" and the pop up would offer bull, bowl and delete.

This function no longer is available. Incorrectly "typed" words are still underlined and the pop up works correctly in those instances. This lost function is only associated with voice to text.

I have tried using different keyboards, checking and un-checking spellchecker within settings but nothing has brought this back. Incidentally I did not install anything new but there were some auto updates that occurred but I do not know which apps updated.

Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Parayilhussain

Parayilhussain Android Enthusiast

Open chrome browser, in search box type" chrome://flags " hit , a long page will come ,scroll down for the notification " enable spell checking Android " tap here then tap on #enable-android-spellchecker and see below a pop up " relaunch now " tap on this.

3. TheGrind

TheGrind Lurker

Thank you Parayilhussain. I went through those steps , however that did not cure the issue.

To reiterate, I am trying to restore a predictive pop up that was there only when texting using voice. I could click a word, any word, and the pop up would have single and multiple word alternatives. These words are not underlined because I am using voice which does not misspell.